The Lalitha Mahal is the second largest palace in Mysore. It is located near the Chamundi Hills, east of the city. The architect of the palace was E.W. Fritchley. The palace's construction was completed on November 18, 1921, by the then king of the princely state of Mysore, Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV. It was specifically built to house the king's guests. The palace is noted for its white colour, which is visible from a great distance.
After Indian independence, and the integration of the Mysore state with the Union of India, the palace became a property of the state Government of Karanataka. It is now one of the elite hotels of the Ashok Group (India Tourism Development Corporation).
Best Time To Visit : Any Time
How To Reach : By Bus