The 17th century carving of Nandi, Shiva's bull, has become a symbol of old Mysore. Standing 4.8 metres high, this monolithic granite statue was carved during the reign of Maharaja Dodda Devaraja Wodeyar in 1659.
The Nandi, and the temple beside it, are located at the 800th step of the 335-metre high Chamundi Hill. This hill is linked to Mysore as much by geographical proximity, as by the remarkable bonds of legend and history.
Best Time To Visit : Any Time
How To Reach : By Bus